Have you ever heard this quote? Friends for a reason, friends for a season, and friends for a lifetime. I have been pondering this quote this week as several of my friends and I have been discussing the different types of friendships we have had over the years. And how to our dismay, some we thought would be for a lifetime turned out to be simply for a season. I find it interesting that being so close to the relationship we sometimes can’t discern what the nature of the relationship will be. I believe even those who are there only for a reason or season can still impact you for the rest of your life with the lessons you can learn. Even though the person doesn’t remain, the lesson does. Often these are the painful ones. But you can choose to use your pain to power your purpose. Interestingly, I think sometimes, this will lead you to a lifetime friend because of shared experiences. I have been through some severe bumps in the road the past few years however, God has blessed me with some of the most impactful, courageous, most inspiring people I have ever met as a result. Had my pain not pushed me to choose a different course, I would not have been connected in the time and space to these individuals. I thank Almighty God and my Creator for being smarter than I am, knowing whom I should be surrounding myself with and gently nudging me in that direction. I hope you will spend a few minutes in quiet and assess who are the people closest to you and why. Who fills you up emotionally and why. Consider what kind of friend you are as well. We sometimes get what we give. If you feel empty, maybe you need to look at who’s cup you have been filling? Are you pouring into others or draining someone else? You need balance. This is the exact reason there are three kinds of friends. Some people just need to go because they are only drainers. Listen to your gut and your intuition. That’s God speaking His wisdom in your ear. We just need to listen. Surround yourself with like-minded people and step into your greatness with ALL of your friends!
Like Us On Facebook
Most Shared Posts
- [publication_supsystic id=”88″] Related3.7M Shares
- SHOE FETISH MOVEMENT It all began with the publishing of the novel, Shoe Fetish, and quickly evolv10.2M Shares
- “We manifest what we think about the most” Our mind is incredibly powerful. What we think we man4.6M Shares
- Have you ever just wondered slightly why situations don’t or did not workout? If every time a12M Shares
- March 8, 2017 Wednesday 4:30 PM – 8:00 PM Maryland Institute College of Art 1300 Mount Royal A5.5M Shares
- After successfully copying Snapchat with Instagram Stories, Facebook is at it again in its big blue11.1M Shares
- Optometrists don’t make it easy to buy new lenses for a favorite old pair of glasses or shades. Es12M Shares
- Have you ever needed someone to vet, research, investigate or provide a solution for [something]? Do13.9M Shares
- Silicon Valley power broker Peter Thiel plays the all-American patriot when he’s schmoozing with h14.8M Shares
- The U.S. Supreme Court let stand a lower court opinion that struck down North Carolina’s vo8.3M Shares
- Who's Virtually Overwhelmed with Virtually Doing Business?...August 22, 2017
- Love Yourself And HealAugust 18, 2017
- Who's Virtually Overwhelmed with Virtually Doing Business?...