President Trump revamped his war of words on Twitter by lashing out at the FBI’s deputy director Andrew McCabe after reports emerged that he was planning to retire.
In no uncertain terms, Trump has repeatedly criticized the US intelligence agencies, accusing its senior staff of political bias. McCabe reportedly told senior FBI officials he was planning to leave the agency shortly—as he is eligible to retire in March.
In a tweet on Saturday evening, Trump accused McCabe of not being impartial during the agency’s investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails. MaCabe, the latest target of the commander-in-chief’s twitter finger was reminiscent of Trump’s discontentment with the FBI.
Tagging Fox News in a tweet, Trump accused McCabe of using his official FBI email address to promote his wife’s unsuccessful Virginia state Senate run in 2015.
A majority of the tweet centered on a quote from Sunday’s broadcast of “FOX and Friends,” which focused on possible conflicts of interest facing the veteran lawman.
The president also doubled down on allegations the campaign took donations from a “Clinton Puppet” while McCabe oversaw the probe into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server.
The swipe against the 49-year-old lawman was part of a Christmas Eve social media rant by the commander-in-chief. Taking his frustration to a new level, Trump retweeted a meme of him in the back of a limo — with a blood splat marked with “CNN” on the sole of his shoe — emboldened with the word “winning.”
.@FoxNews-FBI’s Andrew McCabe, “in addition to his wife getting all of this money from M (Clinton Puppet), he was using, allegedly, his FBI Official Email Account to promote her campaign. You obviously cannot do this. These were the people who were investigating Hillary Clinton.”
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 24, 2017
During the president’s social media blitz, he took a jab at the “Fake News” for not discussing how big and strong his base is. He wrote: “They show Fake Polls just like they report Fake News. Despite only negative reporting, we are doing well – nobody is going to beat us.”
The Fake News refuses to talk about how Big and how Strong our BASE is. They show Fake Polls just like they report Fake News. Despite only negative reporting, we are doing well – nobody is going to beat us. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 24, 2017
Earlier this month, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) alleged McCabe might have used his official email address to promote his wife’s campaign — a possible violation of the Hatch Act. Grassley, chair of the Senate judiciary committee, has said McCabe should be replaced.
Thank you President TRUMP!! pic.twitter.com/LKdkT0FL99
— oregon4TRUMP (@shawgerald4) December 23, 2017
McCabe spent hours last week with several House committees, which grilled him on Comey, the FBI and the Clinton investigation.
He plans to retire as the No. 2 at the bureau in March when he’s eligible for his full pension, the Washington Post reported Saturday.
The President took the news as an opportunity to slam McCabe, who he’s accused of favoring Clinton in the email probe.
McCabe’s wife, Jill, received roughly $650,000 from a Virginia Democratic Party political action committee as well as one for Gov. Terry McAuliffe — a longtime Clinton ally. None of the donations were found to be directly linked to the Clinton campaign.
McCabe met with several House panels this week to discuss Comey, the FBI and the Clinton probe. (JACQUELYN MARTIN/AP)
McCabe wasn’t promoted to deputy director until February 2016, according to reports. That was about three months after his wife lost the campaign, and after the Clinton investigation began.
FBI officials previously told the Wall Street Journal that any decisions on the Clinton probe would’ve come from Comey, not McCabe.
The latest attacks on McCabe are part of a larger one on the FBI after news that longtime agent Peter Strozk was reassigned from special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe for sending anti-Trump texts
Government Shutdown: What’s Closed, Who is Affected?
Medicare Takes Aim at Medical Identity Theft: Protecting Seniors From Fraud
Criminals are increasingly targeting people age 65 or older for personal identity theft. In 2014 alone, there were 2.6 million such incidents among seniors, according to the Department of Justice.
A growing offshoot of identity theft is healthcare fraud, which can result when someone unlawfully uses another person’s Medicare number. Medical identity theft can lead to inaccuracies in medical records, which in turn can result in delayed care, denied services and costly false claims.
That’s why Medicare works with the Department of Justice, taking aim squarely at would-be thieves. In the largest law enforcement action against criminals fraudulently targeting the Medicare, Medicaid and Tricare programs, 412 people around the country, including 115 doctors, nurses and other licensed medical professionals, were charged in 2017 with bilking U.S. taxpayers out of $1.3 billion.
New Medicare Card for 2018. (Video Courtesy of YouTube)
The next big fraud-fighting push is well underway — and its focus is protecting the personal information of senior citizens by removing their Social Security numbers from Medicare cards.
People with Medicare don’t need to take any action to get a new Medicare card. Beginning in April 2018, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will mail out newly designed Medicare cards to the 58 million Americans with Medicare. The cards will have a new number that will be unique for each card recipient. This will help protect personal identity and prevent fraud because identity thieves can’t bill Medicare without a valid Medicare number. To help with a seamless transition to the new cards, providers will be able to use secure lookup tools that will support quick access to the new card numbers when needed.
Healthcare fraud drives up costs for everyone, but healthcare consumers can be an effective first line of defense against fraud. Follow these tips to help protect yourself:
- Treat your Medicare number like a credit card.
- When the new card comes in the mail next year, destroy your old card and make sure you bring your new one to your doctors’ appointments.
- Be suspicious of anyone offering early bird discounts, limited time offers or encouraging you to act now for the best deal. That’s an indicator of potential fraud because Medicare plans are forbidden from offering incentives.
- Be skeptical of free gifts, free medical services, discount packages or any offer that sounds too good to be true.
- Only give your Medicare number to doctors, insurers acting on your behalf or trusted people in the community who work with Medicare, like your State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP).
- Report suspected instances of fraud.
- Check your Medicare statements to make sure the charges are accurate.
- Don’t share your Medicare number or other personal information with anyone who contacts you by telephone, email or approaches you in person, unless you’ve given them permission in advance. Medicare will never contact you uninvited and request your Medicare number or other personal information.
- Don’t let anyone borrow or pay to use your Medicare number.
- Don’t allow anyone, except your doctor or other Medicare providers, to review your medical records or recommend services.
- Don’t let anyone persuade you to see a doctor for care or services you don’t need.
- Don’t accept medical supplies from a door-to-door salesman.
Learn more about how you can fight Medicare fraud at Medicare.gov/fraud, or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). You can also visit a local SHIP counselor, who can provide free, one-on-one, non-biased Medicare assistance.
With a common sense approach to protecting health information, senior citizens can be effective partners in fighting Medicare fraud.
Source: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Trump Children’s Health Insurance Tweet Contradicts White House Administration
Washington (CNN) President Donald Trump contradicted his own administration on Thursday when he tweeted that funding for the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) should not be included in a short-term plan to fund the government.
Trump’s tweet sent on Thursday morning, seemingly undercut the “Stopgap Spending Bill,” leaving many confused at what could be construed as an “Anti-Chip” tweet.
Subscribe to Exposure Magazine Daily News
- EXPOSURE MAGAZINE
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
- Download vCard
- Real Estate2 weeks ago
10th Most Get Out State: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Editor Picks4 weeks ago
Leading The Charge Exposure Magazine Co-CEO Gordon Woodberry on The E. Jones Show
- Social Media3 weeks ago
CBS46 Anchor Amanda Davis Hospitalized After Suffering a ‘Massive Stroke’
- Featured2 weeks ago
Why do African American women struggle to marry?
- Lifestyle4 weeks ago
Your Words Have Power
- Lifestyle3 weeks ago
Unleash Your Beast Mode
- Fashion3 weeks ago
Stay True to Yourself and Style: An ‘Aaliyah’ T-shirt Faux Pas
- Lifestyle3 weeks ago
Kwanzaa 2017: The Seven Days of Cultural Celebration