Connect with us

Politic

Trump Delivers Attack on NFL: Takes Another Jab at Colin Kaepernick

Published

on

President Trump encouraged NFL owners on Friday to fire any player who protests during the national anthem, telling them to “get that son of a b—- off the field right now.”

Speaking at a Huntsville, Ala., rally in support of incumbent Sen. Luther Strange, Trump took to the podium to put down his iron fist against protesting players.

“Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, say, ‘Get that son of a b—- off the field right now. Out, you’re fired!’ ”

Though Trump did not specifically mention former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s name, it did not take rocket science to know who was Trump’s main target.

Responding to a journalist’s tweet about Trump’s comments, Kaepernick’s mother Teresa wrote “Guess that makes me a proud b—-!”

Donald Trump Rips NFL – Those Who Disrespect The U.S. Flag (Colin Kaepernick). Video courtesy of (The Comeback).

“Prediction: Not one NFL owner, not Roger Goodell will say one word about what [Trump] said about Kaep or other NFL players. Not. A. One,” ESPN’s Jemele Hill also tweeted.

ESPN’s Hill found herself in a similar position last week when White House officials called for her dismissal after she sent a tweet referring to Trump as a “white supremacist.”

While Kaepernick was widely criticized by those who saw his actions as un-American, he also inspired many other athletes to do the same.

Trump also complained to the cheering crowd that football games have become less violent.  “They’re ruining the game,” he said.

He bemoaned players being thrown from games for aggressive tackles, saying it’s “not the same game.”

The NFL has increased penalties and enforcement for illegal hits to the head, as well as those for hitting defenseless players, in light of several studies that have shown a connection to severe brain trauma.

Ratings for the NFL have dropped in recent years for a variety of reasons, but Trump placed the blame squarely on the protesting players.

“You know what’s hurting the game?” he said. “When people like yourselves turn on television and you see those people taking the knee when they’re playing our great national anthem.”

He revved up the Alabama crowd with his rhetoric: “That’s a total disrespect of our heritage. That’s a total disrespect of everything that we stand for,” he said.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s daughter Bernice King responded to Trump’s rant with the following tweets:

“A nation is people, not a symbol. A protest for the eradication of racism that violates millions of those people is not disrespect,” she tweeted.

Kaepernick also has the support of Minnesota Vikings running back Bishop Sankey.

“It’s a shame and disgrace when you have the President of the US calling citizens of the country sons of b——,” Sankey tweeted.

Donald Trump Jr., as in most cases supported his father’s remarks.

“Love this: @realDonaldTrump on NFL players disrespecting our flag/anthem: ‘get that son of a b—- off the field right now — YOU’RE FIRED!’ ” he wrote.

Kaepernick opted out of his contract with the 49ers in May 2017 and has been working as an activist while he remains unsigned.

Trump has on many occasions taken credit for Kaepernick’s free agent status, and criticized his protest by saying he should “find a new country that works better for him.”

“Trump stay in ur place… football have nothing to do wit u smh,” tweeted Washington linebacker Zach Brown.

 

LeNora Millen   09-23-17

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Business

Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr. Fired by Morgan Stanley for Alleged Misconduct

Published

on

Harold Ford Jr., a former congressman, was fired by the financial services firm Morgan Stanley following allegations of misconduct, NBC confirmed on Thursday.

Morgan Stanley declined to say specifically what prompted the firing. The allegations were presented after a woman who was not employed at the firm accused Mr. Ford of acting inappropriately in a professional setting.

Mr. Ford’s termination reported by HuffPost as an exclusive has been challenged by the former Congressman as “false claims.”

Harold Ford Jr., a former congressman, was fired from his position as a managing director at the financial services firm Morgan Stanley for what the company described as behavior “inconsistent with our values.”CreditMike Groll/Associated Press

In a statement provided by his lawyer, Mr. Ford denied the sexual harassment allegations, stating in a tweet on Thursday that he will be bringing legal action against the reporter, for making false claims against him, as well as Morgan Stanley for wrongful termination.

“This simply did not happen,” Mr. Ford wrote. “I have never forcibly grabbed any woman or man in my life.” He added that socializing with members of the press was part of his job, and said that “false claims like this undermine the real silence breakers.”

Mr. Ford served five terms in Congress as a Democrat representing a Tennessee district after first being elected in 1996—serving as Congressman from 1997 to 207.

He joined Morgan Stanley as a managing director and senior client-relationship manager in 2011 as a vice chairman and senior policy adviser at Bank of America.

Amid the heightened scrutiny of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior toppling key figures in the entertainment and political arena, Mr. Ford is the latest high profiled man to lose his job in recent days for similar allegations.

Time magazine on Wednesday named the “Silence Breakers” its Person of the Year. They shared personal stories about harassment and assault and sparked the #MeToo movement.

According to Time, the #MeToo became a hashtag, a movement, a reckoning. But it began, as great social change nearly always does, with individual acts of courage.

In a tweet acknowledging his thoughts on the “Silence Breaker” quite pointed in his statement, Mr. Ford said the following in regards to news of his firing on Thursday, “This simply did not happen.  I have never forcibly grabbed any woman or man in my life.”

In another tweet, Mr. Ford spoke about his professional demeanor and his tremendous respect for the brave women speaking out “in this important national dialogue.”  Mr. Ford was pointed in stating that false claims alleged against him “undermine the real “Silence Breakers.”

Mr. Ford appeared as a frequent guest on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” MSNBC – which is owned by NBC 4 New York’s parent company.

“We are looking into the report about Harold Ford Jr.,” a spokeswoman for MSNBC said. “During that time he won’t be a guest on MSNBC.”

LeNora Millen            12-7-17

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Continue Reading

Business

TV One Cancels Roland Martin’s Morning Show ‘News One Now’

Published

on

TV One is canceling Roland Martin’s morning show “News One Now,” Roland made the announcement in a tweet Wednesday.

“Fam, the sad news is true. The staff of @tvonetv #NewsnewOneNow was informed this afternoon that after four years of doing groundbreaking and award-winning work, the show will cease production at the end of the year,” Martin tweeted.

Martin, who thanked audiences for their support, said the last episode will air on Dec. 21.

Roland Martin’s morning show “NewsOne Now” was cancelled due to budget cuts according to various reports from reliable sources.

“They called a meeting on Wednesday and told the staff they were canceling the show. They’re having significant financial problems and they have to scale back,” a source said. “After four years of award-winning programming and distinguished service to our viewers as the only black daily newscast on television, the network has made the difficult decision to suspend the production of NewsOne Now as a daily morning news show. The last live show is scheduled [Dec. 21],” TV One’s interim GM, Michelle Rice wrote in a memo.

Host of “News One Now” Roland Martin speaks on stage during ColorofChange.org 10 Year Anniversary Gala. (Rob Kim/Getty Images for ColorOfChange)

The news of “NewsOne Now” cancellation shocked Martin and staffers according to sources. The network had recently expanded the morning show to two hours in September.

The memo added: “While we will continue our long-standing partnership with Roland Martin to ensure his important voice can be heard across all Urban One platforms examining issues of importance to the black community, we regret this decision adversely affects several of our valued colleagues whose positions will be eliminated with the suspension of the show.”

The network issued a statement on Twitter that read, “We are committed to providing quality news to our viewers and to our long-standing relationship with @rolandsmartin #NewsOneNow who will continue to have a voice on #TVOne.”

LeNora Millen         12-07-17

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Continue Reading

Editor Picks

President Donald Trump will recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel

Published

on

 

Why declaring Jerusalem as the capital of Israel is so controversial?

The final status of Jerusalem has always been one of the most difficult and sensitive questions in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. If the United States declares Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, it would be seen as prejudging that question, deciding an issue that was supposed to be left to negotiations and breaking with the international consensus on the holy city.
Recognizing Jerusalem as the capital also moves the United States one major step closer to relocating the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, which would be seen as cementing Israeli sovereignty over the city.

More from CNN…

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Continue Reading

Subscribe to Exposure Magazine Daily News

Enter your email address to subscribe to our daily news and receive news updates via email.

Join 37,456 other subscribers

Milwaukee
30°
light snow
humidity: 92%
wind: 11mph NW
H 28 • L 27
28°
Wed
37°
Thu
45°
Fri
44°
Sat
Weather from OpenWeatherMap

Contact

Map for INFO@RLASSC.COM Milwaukee Wisconsin 53202 United States

Trending