1 Peter 4:10
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
We are all graced with different abilities and gifts. When we share those gifts with others we feel good inside. Ask yourself where you may be of value. Pick something you are passionate about. Share a little bit of your time and talents by helping another without benefiting yourself. Serving others can provide the opportunity to feel good about helping someone in need. There are so many amazing opportunities to impact your community. Think about who you might like to spend time with. You can lend a hand in helping the elderly, children, pet shelter or community group. Do you have a talent to entertain with, mentoring capability, or you fundraise better than anyone? We are all graced with different ways to bless others. There is a Carnegie Mellon study that suggests that volunteering actually lowers your blood pressure. What could be better than a health benefit while serving others? Feeling good emotionally and receiving physical benefits also? Just say yes! It’s a definite win-win.
Another study in 2012 by Health Psychology suggested that as long as one volunteers regularly, with an altruistic intent, one will likely live longer. The ROI, return on investment, may be surprising. I encourage you to share a part of your life so you too can live a healthier and longer life filled with blessings!
Like Us On Facebook
Most Shared Posts
- [publication_supsystic id=”88″] Related3.7M Shares
- SHOE FETISH MOVEMENT It all began with the publishing of the novel, Shoe Fetish, and quickly evolv10.2M Shares
- When was your last vacation from life? Are you resting, relaxing, restoring and rejuvenating? Life b5.5M Shares
- On September 12th an African American male goes into Chase Bank located in Delafield, Wisconsin to w23.1M Shares
- Evangelist Joel Osteen denies closing his megachurch while thousands sought shelter from the ravage11.1M Shares
- Energy Vampires…yes, it’s exactly what it sounds like. Those special people who drain every ounc1.8M Shares
- “We manifest what we think about the most” Our mind is incredibly powerful. What we think we man4.6M Shares
- Have you ever just wondered slightly why situations don’t or did not workout? If every time a12M Shares
- Forgiveness is one of the most powerful things in this world, but it’s not exercised by many. I’2.8M Shares
- “The Writer’s Corner” By Michele Renee Curtis Writing is how we communicate our beliefs and6.5M Shares
- Forgiveness Brings JoyOctober 16, 2017
- Activist Seanne Murray Tells Us About The Stop Stuff...October 4, 2017
- Forgiveness Brings Joy