It’s no secret that Donald Trump uses Twitter to punch back when he’s annoyed by the actions of certain individuals. If one were to explore the president’s Twitter feed—it would become obvious that Twitter is likened to a bully pulpit for the president, especially when he opts to alienate those he considers disloyal or his nemeses.
Trump has on occasion fired up Twitter by sending off a flurry of Tweets, such as when tweeting about the cast of the Broadway musical Hamilton, Snoop Dogg. U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Senator Mitch McConnell, not to mention his constant Twitter tirades about the former secretary of state Hillary Clinton, the latest—retweeting hitting Hillary Clinton with a golf ball.
Taking to Twitter on Sunday morning, Trump set his Twitter feed on fire once again by aiming at Republican Senator Bob Corker, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. A powerful ally at one time for the president, Trump’s twitter fingers, could have potentially cost a few votes as he gears up to introduce legislation around tax reform and the Iran deal.
Perhaps triggered by Corker’s comments to the press last week that he is an agent of chaos, Trump reacted accordingly on Sunday morning, alleging that Corker “begged” for his endorsement in his 2018 re-election campaign—adding that Corker, ultimately decided not to run because he didn’t “have the guts.”
Though Corker announced late last month that he would retire at the end of next year, Corker’s chief of staff disputed Trump’s Twitter characterization of events, stating in a statement that Donald Trump had asked Corker as recently as Monday afternoon to reconsider.)
Responding to Trump’s attacks on Twitter—Corker clapped back, with a biting statement: “It’s a shame the White House has become an adult day care center,” he tweeted. “Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.”
It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.
— Senator Bob Corker (@SenBobCorker) October 8, 2017
In his “punch-back” style—the president shot off another tweet, which culminated into Corker’s exclusive interview with The New York Times Sunday—the gloves were off. Corker on Trump: “He concerns me,” Corker added, stating that Trump’s habit of undermining diplomatic negotiations on Twitter could set the U.S. “on the path to World War III.”
Bob Corker gave us the Iran Deal, & that's about it. We need HealthCare, we need Tax Cuts/Reform, we need people that can get the job done!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 8, 2017
In his Times interview, Corker said that nearly every Senate Republican shares his concerns. “Look, except for a few people, the vast majority of our caucus understands what we’re dealing with here,” he said. “Of course they understand the volatility that we’re dealing with and the tremendous amount of work that it takes by people around him to keep him in the middle of the road.”
Regarding Trump’s comments around Corker’s decision to retire, the Senator added: “I don’t know why the president tweets out things that are not true. You know he does it, everyone knows he does it.”
The twitter debacle between the senator and the president could place a significant strain in the White House’s legislative agenda. Corker is viewed as a viable instrument in persuading Democrats to consider bipartisan renegotiation of the Iran deal, which Trump reportedly plans to de-certify in the coming days.
“Trump’s entire Iran plan rests on a careful dance with Congress,” according to Ilan Goldenberg, the director of the Middle East Security Program at the Center for a New American Security Twitter. He further added that “Corker may be the most important partner in that dance. This is so dumb.”
Corker a member of the Senate Budget Committee, advanced a resolution last week, which paved the way for a Republican tax-reform bill—without Democrats’ approval. Corker, quick to voice skepticism of Trump’s tax plan, said last weekend “If it looks to me ‘like’ we’re adding one penny to the deficit, I am not going to be for it, O.K. I’m sorry.” Amid a very public feud between Corker and Trump, it’s likely that Corker will oppose the plan.
Corker told the Times that his remarks were meant for “an audience of one”; he suggested that the best way to reach the president is through the media. Corker’s biting remarks could backfire, giving Trump—who has placed much of his legislative agenda into the laps of Congress—someone to blame when the public inevitably grows tired of the silence and inaction of Republican lawmakers.
Addressing the latest controversy surrounding Trump and Corker, the White House spent Monday morning telling its allies that Corker is responsible for the fight, not Trump and that the senator was an attention-seeking obstructionist. It should come as no surprise—that few of Trump’s allies accepted that narrative. According to the Times, one close associate of the president, who asked not to be identified to discuss the situation more candidly, said Trump’s entire agenda could be dead because Corker has a lot of friends on Capitol Hill.
By LeNora Millen 10-09-17
Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr. Fired by Morgan Stanley for Alleged Misconduct
Harold Ford Jr., a former congressman, was fired by the financial services firm Morgan Stanley following allegations of misconduct, NBC confirmed on Thursday.
Morgan Stanley declined to say specifically what prompted the firing. The allegations were presented after a woman who was not employed at the firm accused Mr. Ford of acting inappropriately in a professional setting.
Mr. Ford’s termination reported by HuffPost as an exclusive has been challenged by the former Congressman as “false claims.”
Harold Ford Jr., a former congressman, was fired from his position as a managing director at the financial services firm Morgan Stanley for what the company described as behavior “inconsistent with our values.”CreditMike Groll/Associated Press
In a statement provided by his lawyer, Mr. Ford denied the sexual harassment allegations, stating in a tweet on Thursday that he will be bringing legal action against the reporter, for making false claims against him, as well as Morgan Stanley for wrongful termination.
I will now be bringing legal action against the reporter who made these false claims about me as well as Morgan Stanley for improper termination.
— Harold Ford, Jr. (@HFord2) December 7, 2017
“This simply did not happen,” Mr. Ford wrote. “I have never forcibly grabbed any woman or man in my life.” He added that socializing with members of the press was part of his job, and said that “false claims like this undermine the real silence breakers.”
In regards to news today, This simply did not happen. I have never forcibly grabbed any woman or man in my life.
— Harold Ford, Jr. (@HFord2) December 7, 2017
Mr. Ford served five terms in Congress as a Democrat representing a Tennessee district after first being elected in 1996—serving as Congressman from 1997 to 207.
He joined Morgan Stanley as a managing director and senior client-relationship manager in 2011 as a vice chairman and senior policy adviser at Bank of America.
Amid the heightened scrutiny of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior toppling key figures in the entertainment and political arena, Mr. Ford is the latest high profiled man to lose his job in recent days for similar allegations.
Time magazine on Wednesday named the “Silence Breakers” its Person of the Year. They shared personal stories about harassment and assault and sparked the #MeToo movement.
According to Time, the #MeToo became a hashtag, a movement, a reckoning. But it began, as great social change nearly always does, with individual acts of courage.
In a tweet acknowledging his thoughts on the “Silence Breaker” quite pointed in his statement, Mr. Ford said the following in regards to news of his firing on Thursday, “This simply did not happen. I have never forcibly grabbed any woman or man in my life.”
In another tweet, Mr. Ford spoke about his professional demeanor and his tremendous respect for the brave women speaking out “in this important national dialogue.” Mr. Ford was pointed in stating that false claims alleged against him “undermine the real “Silence Breakers.”
Mr. Ford appeared as a frequent guest on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” MSNBC – which is owned by NBC 4 New York’s parent company.
“We are looking into the report about Harold Ford Jr.,” a spokeswoman for MSNBC said. “During that time he won’t be a guest on MSNBC.”
LeNora Millen 12-7-17
TV One Cancels Roland Martin’s Morning Show ‘News One Now’
TV One is canceling Roland Martin’s morning show “News One Now,” Roland made the announcement in a tweet Wednesday.
“Fam, the sad news is true. The staff of @tvonetv #NewsnewOneNow was informed this afternoon that after four years of doing groundbreaking and award-winning work, the show will cease production at the end of the year,” Martin tweeted.
Fam, the sad news is true. The staff of @tvonetv #NewsOneNow was informed this afternoon that after four years of doing groundbreaking and award-winning work, the show will cease production at the end of the year. Our last live show will be Dec. 21. #BringTheFunk
— rolandsmartin (@rolandsmartin) December 7, 2017
Martin, who thanked audiences for their support, said the last episode will air on Dec. 21.
Roland Martin’s morning show “NewsOne Now” was cancelled due to budget cuts according to various reports from reliable sources.
“They called a meeting on Wednesday and told the staff they were canceling the show. They’re having significant financial problems and they have to scale back,” a source said. “After four years of award-winning programming and distinguished service to our viewers as the only black daily newscast on television, the network has made the difficult decision to suspend the production of NewsOne Now as a daily morning news show. The last live show is scheduled [Dec. 21],” TV One’s interim GM, Michelle Rice wrote in a memo.
Host of “News One Now” Roland Martin speaks on stage during ColorofChange.org 10 Year Anniversary Gala. (Rob Kim/Getty Images for ColorOfChange)
The news of “NewsOne Now” cancellation shocked Martin and staffers according to sources. The network had recently expanded the morning show to two hours in September.
The memo added: “While we will continue our long-standing partnership with Roland Martin to ensure his important voice can be heard across all Urban One platforms examining issues of importance to the black community, we regret this decision adversely affects several of our valued colleagues whose positions will be eliminated with the suspension of the show.”
The network issued a statement on Twitter that read, “We are committed to providing quality news to our viewers and to our long-standing relationship with @rolandsmartin #NewsOneNow who will continue to have a voice on #TVOne.”
— TV One (@tvonetv) December 7, 2017
LeNora Millen 12-07-17
President Donald Trump will recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel
Why declaring Jerusalem as the capital of Israel is so controversial?
Subscribe to Exposure Magazine Daily News
- EXPOSURE MAGAZINE
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
- Download vCard
- Real Estate3 weeks ago
10th Most Get Out State: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Politics3 days ago
Government Shutdown: What’s Closed, Who is Affected?
- Social Media4 weeks ago
CBS46 Anchor Amanda Davis Hospitalized After Suffering a ‘Massive Stroke’
- Featured2 weeks ago
Why do African American women struggle to marry?
- Lifestyle4 weeks ago
Your Words Have Power
- Lifestyle3 weeks ago
Unleash Your Beast Mode
- Fashion3 weeks ago
Stay True to Yourself and Style: An ‘Aaliyah’ T-shirt Faux Pas
- Lifestyle4 weeks ago
Kwanzaa 2017: The Seven Days of Cultural Celebration