The mission of Exposure Magazine is to inspire readers in making a positive impact in their lives and on those around them. Through its news and stories, the magazine encourages and enables people to improve relationships and engage in dialogue wherever they are: in business or schools, in their families, neighborhoods and faith communities.
It leads readers to deepen and better understand the world we live in or values that guide their lives, providing a forum for all those who share the ideals of peace, justice, freedom and truth.
Exposure Magazine has its roots in the Minority Media Matters movement, founded by Tam Lawrence in 2013, and now present in 182 nations. Its goal is to build unity in diversity for the benefit of humanity, based on community.
Since 2013, Exposure Magazine publishes a monthly magazine; a monthly digital and print magazine covering: Entertainment, Politics, Fashion, Health & Wellness, Travel, Finance, Sports, real-life stories, literature, and Humanity Projects.
Exposure Magazine is a member of the Minority Media Press Association, of the Associated Press and of the Aart & Kingsley Press Unified Minority Media Matters Program. It is a multiple winner of Creative Minds awards, the Oprah Winfrey Awards for African American Journalistic Excellence.
We are seeking an unpaid intern for approximately 10-15 hours each week who will assist in developing and writing content for our site. This is a great opportunity for someone who’s interested in writing, fashion, beauty, and entertainment
-Attending events/ launches.
– Write reviews about products.
– Work side by side with Editor during pre-production planning of events, fashion shows and photo shoots.
– Create content for online magazine.
– Collaborating with other members of the team to generate new content
– Participate in brainstorming sessions for editorial content
– Interview designers, celebrities, professionals and industry experts
– Write articles pertaining to the entertainment, fashion/beauty industry
– Assist with editorial projects and provide support
– Work on special projects, as needed
The ideal candidate embraces challenges, is an independent thinker, creative, and able to meet deadlines. You should have some experience writing all types of content. Strong candidates will have a thirst for fashion, a strong interest in events and beauty, excellent problem-solving abilities, communication skills, and a strong work ethic. We are looking for a self-starter who has passion for working for in the exciting and demanding intersection of fashion, beauty, and journalism.
Currently enrolled in high school/ college/ and/or university students must have an interest in journalism, public relations or mass communication.
• Excellent computer skills
• Must have a positive and inclusive personality