As we stroll through life we are presented with people and opportunities that change us. This lovely lady I speak of has changed me in the short time I have known her. Micca Donohoo is a registered dietician who knew early on she wanted to help other people live a healthy life, push away from the table, push away the guilt and shame related to their food choices and manifest a better healthier lifestyle. Not necessarily just by learning about your plate choices, but by the choices we make in our head. She refers to it as manifesting your health, not being on a diet. She helps people of all shapes, sizes and ages.
Sherri: Being a dietician for over 16 years has brought many types of people your way. What type of person would you say you enjoy helping most?
Micca: I worked with bariatric patients for over 10 years from start to finish, pre-surgical to lifetime post op. I see surgery simply as a tool, embedded in the concept of a lifestyle change. To create any lifestyle change, there needs to be adequate and continued support. I loved being that support.
Sherri: If someone wants to make some small yet significant changes immediately what would you recommend?
Micca: 1. Put yourself on your own to do list. YOU are important. 2. Schedule healthy snacks during the day. Honor your hunger! Hunger is a sign your body is requesting fuel/food. 3. What is your plate size? Plates should be 9-10 inches in diameter for best results. We eat with our eyes first. Our eyes LOVE a full plate. When working on portion control, its more appealing on a smaller plate.
Sherri: You are about to start on a new adventure. Can you share a little about what you are creating?
Micca: My vision is to create a loving space to be able to serve the bariatric surgery community in a global way. I envision this program to be flexible, and accessible to all, anywhere at any time. This new branch of NiCHE Nutrition and Health will include a virtual community, a monthly resource toolkit, online courses, and personalized coaching. To build a healthy and loving community, I aim to partner with local, national, and global medical experts that share my vision.
Thanks to Micca Donohoo from NiCHE Nutrition and Health for sharing a way to help our friends to better health! You can contact Micca at http://nichenutritionandhealth.com by clicking on the Work with Us button.
Like Us On Facebook
Most Shared Posts
- [publication_supsystic id=”88″] Related3.7M Shares
- SHOE FETISH MOVEMENT It all began with the publishing of the novel, Shoe Fetish, and quickly evolv10.2M Shares
- Evangelist Joel Osteen denies closing his megachurch while thousands sought shelter from the ravage11.1M Shares
- Energy Vampires…yes, it’s exactly what it sounds like. Those special people who drain every ounc1.8M Shares
- “We manifest what we think about the most” Our mind is incredibly powerful. What we think we man4.6M Shares
- When was your last vacation from life? Are you resting, relaxing, restoring and rejuvenating? Life b5.5M Shares
- Five former presidents, Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George H. W. Bush and Jimmy Cart6.5M Shares
- On September 12th an African American male goes into Chase Bank located in Delafield, Wisconsin to w23.1M Shares
- “The Writer’s Corner” By Michele Renee Curtis Writing is how we communicate our beliefs and6.5M Shares
- The Justice Department is preventing Senate investigators from interviewing two top FBI officials wh11.1M Shares
- Meet Exposure Magazine Head of Sales & Marketing Michelle...November 15, 2017
- How To Transition From Your Career To Your PurposeNovember 14, 2017
- Meet Exposure Magazine Head of Sales & Marketing Michelle...