Food is fuel, but most people eat strictly based on taste. We need to remember that it is important to make selections that are appealing to the eye as well as the palate. As we may get bored with eating the same meals over and over, we also tire of seeing the same mono chromatic color in our food as well. Even when we love the ingredients, we may not find it appealing if it’s all the same color.
The other night I was cooking dinner. I had cut up several small zucchini. I then added fresh garlic and green onions and a big handful of asparagus chopped in pieces. I sautéed them in coconut oil. While it smelled heavenly, it just didn’t make me happy looking at it. I added some seasoned chicken and still thought it wasn’t right. Color, that’s what it was missing. I threw in about a cup of steamed carrots slices. I literally laughed out loud! I thought “now it is perfect”! We have to spend some time in meal planning to make sure we are attracted to what we need to eat. Eating healthy isn’t a chore, but it does take some thought. I might have added some red pepper if I had one on hand. Color makes us happy and food is no exception. Your eyes don’t eat, but they do motivate you, so be sure to take some care with presentation. Think about the last time you had a green salad. Did you eat just lettuce or spinach? Did you create a masterpiece and add some tomato, shredded carrot or cranberries or blueberries? If two salads were put in front of you, and one had varied tiny bits of flavor and color and one was just green, which would you choose?
When creating your next meal, give some thought to how you can make your meal a piece of art, pleasing to the eye as well as your mouth!
Like Us On Facebook
Most Shared Posts
- [publication_supsystic id=”88″] Related3.7M Shares
- SHOE FETISH MOVEMENT It all began with the publishing of the novel, Shoe Fetish, and quickly evolv10.2M Shares
- Energy Vampires…yes, it’s exactly what it sounds like. Those special people who drain every ounc1.8M Shares
- “We manifest what we think about the most” Our mind is incredibly powerful. What we think we man4.6M Shares
- When was your last vacation from life? Are you resting, relaxing, restoring and rejuvenating? Life b5.5M Shares
- On September 12th an African American male goes into Chase Bank located in Delafield, Wisconsin to w23.1M Shares
- Evangelist Joel Osteen denies closing his megachurch while thousands sought shelter from the ravage11.1M Shares
- Have you ever just wondered slightly why situations don’t or did not workout? If every time a12M Shares
- Forgiveness is one of the most powerful things in this world, but it’s not exercised by many. I’2.8M Shares
- “The Writer’s Corner” By Michele Renee Curtis Writing is how we communicate our beliefs and6.5M Shares
- Forgiveness Brings JoyOctober 16, 2017
- Activist Seanne Murray Tells Us About The Stop Stuff...October 4, 2017
- Forgiveness Brings Joy