Connect with us

Politic

Anthony Weiner Pleads Guilty to Sexting Case with a Teen

Published

on

Political Editor – LeNora Millen

Anthony Weiner, former congressman from New York, pleaded guilty Friday to one charge of transferring obscene material to a minor after he was investigated for sending sexual messages to a 15-year-old girl last year.

The disgraced congressman is required to register as a sex offender and could be sentenced to years in prison, according to Associated Press reports.  As part of his plea deal, Weiner has agreed not to appeal any sentence of 27 months or less.  Weiner also agreed to surrender his iPhone

The former New York congressman and estranged husband of top Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin tearfully admitted to a federal judge on Friday that he sent obscene material to a 15-year-old high school student in North Carolina.

In an emotional statement on Friday, Weiner said he “compulsively sought attention from women,” engaging many of them in sexual and non-sexual conversations. He said his behavior started when he entered Congress and it continued through the first six months of 2016.

Weiner issued a tearful apology to the teenager, “I have a sickness, but I do not have an excuse.”

Weiner’s attorney, Arlo Devlin-Brown, said in a statement that the former politician “accepted full responsibility for the inappropriate, sexually explicit communications he engaged in early last year. He apologized, offered no excuses, and made a commitment to make amends.”

The British tabloid newspaper The Daily Mail first reported on the explicit texts that prompted the criminal case, based on images and descriptions provided by the teenage girl in North Carolina. The teen stated that Weiner, then 51, carried out sexually explicit conversation for several months with her.  Weiner asked the teen to undress and sent her semi clothed photos of himself.

Weiner did not deny that he sent the messages, although he did initially suggest that he had been the victim of a “hoax.”

This is not Weiner’s first sexting scandal. In 2011, while serving in Congress, the disgraced New York congressman, accidentally tweeted a photo of his boxer-clad erection. The photo was shared around the globe and spread like wildfire on social media. Weiner initially claimed he was hacked before admitting that he was trying to send the photo to a woman who was not his wife.

Weiner’s addiction to texting his body parts was the beginning to an end with respect to his political career.  He continually sent sexual messages to women, despite promising his family and his supporters that he would stop. To make matters worse, on last year,  Weiner stooped to a new level by sending salacious images of himself to a woman while his young son was next to him in bed—and  visible in the photo.

Further sinking his political career, this scandal involved sexting with a minor—leading to criminal charges. The sexting case unexpectedly played a prominent role in the election, after investigators examining Weiner’s laptop found some of Abedin’s work emails.

Days before the election, then-FBI Director James Comey announced that the newly discovered emails needed to be examined, as part of the investigation of Clinton’s use of a private email server. After reopening the probe, the FBI determined the emails on Weiner’s computer did not change the agency’s decision that no charges should be brought against Clinton.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Business

Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr. Fired by Morgan Stanley for Alleged Misconduct

Published

on

Harold Ford Jr., a former congressman, was fired by the financial services firm Morgan Stanley following allegations of misconduct, NBC confirmed on Thursday.

Morgan Stanley declined to say specifically what prompted the firing. The allegations were presented after a woman who was not employed at the firm accused Mr. Ford of acting inappropriately in a professional setting.

Mr. Ford’s termination reported by HuffPost as an exclusive has been challenged by the former Congressman as “false claims.”

Harold Ford Jr., a former congressman, was fired from his position as a managing director at the financial services firm Morgan Stanley for what the company described as behavior “inconsistent with our values.”CreditMike Groll/Associated Press

In a statement provided by his lawyer, Mr. Ford denied the sexual harassment allegations, stating in a tweet on Thursday that he will be bringing legal action against the reporter, for making false claims against him, as well as Morgan Stanley for wrongful termination.

“This simply did not happen,” Mr. Ford wrote. “I have never forcibly grabbed any woman or man in my life.” He added that socializing with members of the press was part of his job, and said that “false claims like this undermine the real silence breakers.”

Mr. Ford served five terms in Congress as a Democrat representing a Tennessee district after first being elected in 1996—serving as Congressman from 1997 to 207.

He joined Morgan Stanley as a managing director and senior client-relationship manager in 2011 as a vice chairman and senior policy adviser at Bank of America.

Amid the heightened scrutiny of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior toppling key figures in the entertainment and political arena, Mr. Ford is the latest high profiled man to lose his job in recent days for similar allegations.

Time magazine on Wednesday named the “Silence Breakers” its Person of the Year. They shared personal stories about harassment and assault and sparked the #MeToo movement.

According to Time, the #MeToo became a hashtag, a movement, a reckoning. But it began, as great social change nearly always does, with individual acts of courage.

In a tweet acknowledging his thoughts on the “Silence Breaker” quite pointed in his statement, Mr. Ford said the following in regards to news of his firing on Thursday, “This simply did not happen.  I have never forcibly grabbed any woman or man in my life.”

In another tweet, Mr. Ford spoke about his professional demeanor and his tremendous respect for the brave women speaking out “in this important national dialogue.”  Mr. Ford was pointed in stating that false claims alleged against him “undermine the real “Silence Breakers.”

Mr. Ford appeared as a frequent guest on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” MSNBC – which is owned by NBC 4 New York’s parent company.

“We are looking into the report about Harold Ford Jr.,” a spokeswoman for MSNBC said. “During that time he won’t be a guest on MSNBC.”

LeNora Millen            12-7-17

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Continue Reading

Business

TV One Cancels Roland Martin’s Morning Show ‘News One Now’

Published

on

TV One is canceling Roland Martin’s morning show “News One Now,” Roland made the announcement in a tweet Wednesday.

“Fam, the sad news is true. The staff of @tvonetv #NewsnewOneNow was informed this afternoon that after four years of doing groundbreaking and award-winning work, the show will cease production at the end of the year,” Martin tweeted.

Martin, who thanked audiences for their support, said the last episode will air on Dec. 21.

Roland Martin’s morning show “NewsOne Now” was cancelled due to budget cuts according to various reports from reliable sources.

“They called a meeting on Wednesday and told the staff they were canceling the show. They’re having significant financial problems and they have to scale back,” a source said. “After four years of award-winning programming and distinguished service to our viewers as the only black daily newscast on television, the network has made the difficult decision to suspend the production of NewsOne Now as a daily morning news show. The last live show is scheduled [Dec. 21],” TV One’s interim GM, Michelle Rice wrote in a memo.

Host of “News One Now” Roland Martin speaks on stage during ColorofChange.org 10 Year Anniversary Gala. (Rob Kim/Getty Images for ColorOfChange)

The news of “NewsOne Now” cancellation shocked Martin and staffers according to sources. The network had recently expanded the morning show to two hours in September.

The memo added: “While we will continue our long-standing partnership with Roland Martin to ensure his important voice can be heard across all Urban One platforms examining issues of importance to the black community, we regret this decision adversely affects several of our valued colleagues whose positions will be eliminated with the suspension of the show.”

The network issued a statement on Twitter that read, “We are committed to providing quality news to our viewers and to our long-standing relationship with @rolandsmartin #NewsOneNow who will continue to have a voice on #TVOne.”

LeNora Millen         12-07-17

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Continue Reading

Editor Picks

President Donald Trump will recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel

Published

on

 

Why declaring Jerusalem as the capital of Israel is so controversial?

The final status of Jerusalem has always been one of the most difficult and sensitive questions in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. If the United States declares Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, it would be seen as prejudging that question, deciding an issue that was supposed to be left to negotiations and breaking with the international consensus on the holy city.
Recognizing Jerusalem as the capital also moves the United States one major step closer to relocating the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, which would be seen as cementing Israeli sovereignty over the city.

More from CNN…

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Continue Reading

Subscribe to Exposure Magazine Daily News

Enter your email address to subscribe to our daily news and receive news updates via email.

Join 37,456 other subscribers

Milwaukee
29°
clear sky
humidity: 63%
wind: 17mph WSW
H 27 • L 22
41°
Sat
42°
Sun
51°
Mon
44°
Tue
Weather from OpenWeatherMap

Contact

Map for INFO@RLASSC.COM Milwaukee Wisconsin 53202 United States

Trending